Angel’s Public School was established in 1992 with the aim of preparing the children academically and morally to face the challenges of the changing world standing on the threshold of the 21st century.
Angel’s Public School is located at Mamun on the Pathankot - Dalhousie Road. The school premises are in a peaceful picturesque and fascinating site. The spacious and modern building of the school heralds welcomes the entrants owing to its majestic structure. The school has been run by trained and highly experienced Principal and staff under the expert and able guidance of Colonel Man Singh, the director and founder of the school. The C.B.S.E. wide affiliation No: 16492. Angel’s Convent School and Angel’s Public School use apparatus & modern teaching aids such as classroom projector, coloured television, VCR & CD player, etc. It provides quality education in healthy, pollution free and natural surroundings. The school has its own fun electricity train, swimming pool etc, to encourage the children.
In the true Angelians tradition the school aims at the holistic development of the learners. It is an earnest endeavor to make them value based and sensitive world citizens. The school boasts of a boarding, a full-fledged sports complex, fully air conditioned kindergarten and hostel, airy and bright classrooms, twenty four hour power backup, well stocked library, labs along with dedicated and experienced staff striving for perfection and creating thinkers and analyses rather than bookworms. In competence with the technology world it provides it students an edge above others with the Smart labs-an interactive mode of learning where students learn more effectively. The students are made competent and groomed in a way where they can strive in the open world.
Through various monthly activities like spell bee, extempore, mock parliament, picture interpretation, declamation, folk dances and songs, graffiti, slogan writing, debates etc the students are made aware of their potential and caliber. Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one. So is done in Angel's through various extra curricular activities in the field of art, singing, music, dance, dramatics, cooking, etc. The school is characterized by a large open section in the middle where daily morning assemblies are held apart from other functions during Teachers Day, Republic Day, Independence Day. Throughout the year, numerous inter-house competitions are organised and the houses are awarded points based on the results achieved by the students.
1. Knowing that the child’s brain develops to its maximum capacity in the first five years, Angels Public School gives the kindergarten children opportunities to help them develop their creative thinking process. In a nutshell, the syllabus for pre primary includes conversation, nursery rhymes with actions, picture recognition of various objects, activity based learning through video cassettes and CDs.
2. Written work for nursery children includes basic strokes like sleeping lines, standing lines, slanting lines, recognition of alphabets in the order of the letters of the English alphabets through pictures, charts, books and various objects.
3. LKG syllabus aims at enhancing the multi-dimensional development of the child. The objective is to make the child independent, friendly, sociable and confident. The teaching subjects include English, Mathematics, Hindi and General Awareness. Stress will be more on phonetic sounds, conversation topics, pictures, words rhymes with actions, Mathematics includes counting from 1 to 100, number names, recognition of shapes, concept of more and less, bigger and smaller. Stress on Hindi includes varnamla (Maukhik aur likhit), do akshar shabdon ka gyan, chitra dekhkar akshar likho, saptaah ke din (maukhik), phalon aur sabziyon ke naam (maukhik), rang aur janvaron ke naam (maukhik).
4. UKG is a stage of overall preparation to take on different subjects. Reading, writing and number work are taught in a play way method and in the form of dramatized stories. The main attraction for our little Angelians includes the ELECTRIC TOY TRAIN.
5. Primary curriculum (Class 1st to 5th) includes a wide range of subjects. Half yearly assessment will be taken in the mid term and final assessment at the end of the session in the month of March.
6. Middle school curriculum (Class 6th to 8th) includes subjects prescribed by CBSE divided in the form of two terms. Half yearly assessment will be in the mid session and final assessment in the month of March.
7. Curriculum for High school (9th & 10th) is designed strictly as per the CBSE. Assessments will be in the form of weekly tests, assignments, term tests, half yearly examinations and final examination for classes 9th and 10th. Class 10th students are required to appear for two pre - board examinations in the month of December and January respectively.
Regular PTMs are held at the end of every term to appraise the student’s progress from every angle. To enhance the child’s performance, interactive sessions with subject experts and parents are held from time to time.
Angel’s centres on a shared commitment to academic excellence, intellectual growth, arts athletics, high standards of ethical awareness, sportsmanship & community service. Depth and variety are added to each student’s life by the school tradition and accessibility through a broad curriculum.
The students show their creativity and writing skills through various mediums of expression in writing which are compiled in the school magazine “Ignited Minds” and the newsletters “Angel’s Young Buzz” which comes out every year.
The school has a clean, dust free and green environment. There are concrete and lavish courts for basket ball, volley ball, table tennis and badminton. In the athletics season, a 200 meter track is laid out on the lawns. In addition, students have the space and facilities for playing kho-kho and baseball. Apart from this, students are trained for march past and instructed on various drills. Games are conducted for all students on daily basis. There is separate staff for games. The school also offers Karate classes to teach self defence.
The school has the availability of 24 hrs power backup.
Angel’s public school provides canteen facility for its students and staff.
The new session starts in the first week of April every year. The school has summer break from the last week of May to the first week of July. Diwali break for a week and a 15 days winter break in the month of January.
The school is divided into four houses:
1. Falcon House (Red)
2. Tauran House (Blue)
3. Dracon House(Green)
4. Leon House(Yellow)
Each house has an in charge along with a team of supervisors from amongst the staff members. Each year two house captains (Boy & Girl) & two vice house captains are selected from each house. Regular competitions are held amongst the houses on a monthly basis. All children are encouraged to participate in their respective fields of interest and thus, an effort is made to inculcate the spirit of sportsmanship as well as help bring out the latent talents and abilities in each child helping him/her to bloom to his/her full capability.
The school provides a wide range of hobbies and pursuits so that every Child gets and opportunity to develop self confidence and self esteem. Cooking, elocution, painting, singing & dancing are some of the popular and much sought after hobbies and pursuits. The School also motivates the students to participate in dramatics, public speaking and nature study. The school lays emphasis on Physical and health Training Programs.
Angel’s Public School, Pathankot is dedicated to teaching and learning, employing modern teaching resources. These are achieved with the support and deployment of qualified, competent and supporting staff, and the special needs of a weaker or a gifted child are dealt with equal commitment. This academic community will not only impart instruction through the regular teaching periods, it will also engage students in a variety of other ways such as to conduct the morning assembly, bring out school publication, arrange and participate in the cultural shows and arrange visits. All teachers will be involved in various activities, as House Incharges, Editorial Board Members, Cultural Department or Sports etc. The opportunities for formal and informal relationships with Angel’s Public School, Pathankot faculty will be plentiful and rewarding, resulting in lifelong friendship as well as professional menteroship that build students’ lives and careers.
Angel’s boasts of a content-rich library, well stocked with encyclopedias, reference books, illustrated dictionaries, newspapers and a wide variety of story books for children of all age-groups.
The school hostel provides a balanced and a wholesome diet to its growing students for their proper physical development. The meals are nutritively proportioned with a wide range of variety to satisfy the taste buds of the little Angelians. Special attention is given to hygiene.
A new hostel block has been especially designed keeping in mind the present day requirements of the growing children. This new hostel block is an ultra modern, fully air-conditioned building suitable for the students of the new generation.
In the designing and construction of the hostel building all the required safety measures have been taken, thus giving the young saplings a secure and warm environment conducive to healthy and holistic development amongst age-mates and yet provides enough personal space for nurturing individual traits.
It gives us immense pleasure to announce that one of our students Anushka Gupta has secured the SECOND POSITION in the DISTRICT in CBSE class 10 board exams.
For admission related and general queries
don't forget to like , subscribe and follow.